The recipe came from an old edition of Southern Living - I used the shortcut method, as I'm not into cooked pudding - uck!
Here's the recipe, for anyone interested:
Nutter Butter®-Banana Pudding Trifle
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 3 cups milk
- 2 (3.4 oz.) packages Vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8oz.) package sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 medium-size ripe bananas
- 1 (1-lb.) package peanut butter sandwich cookies [Nutter Butter Cookies recommened - HIGHLY!!]
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- Garnishes: peanut butter sandwich cookies, dried banana chips, fresh mint sprigs
- Place 3 cups milk and vanilla in large bowl; add 2 (3.4-oz.) packages vanilla instant pudding mix. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until thickened; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream.
- Fill a large bowl with ice. Place saucepan in ice, and let stand, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly chilled.
- Meanwhile, cut bananas into 1/4-inch slices. Break cookies into thirds.
- Spoon half of pudding mixture into a 3-qt. bowl or pitcher. Top with bananas and cookies. Spoon remaining pudding mixture over bananas and cookies. Top with sweetened whipped cream. Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours. Garnish, if desired.