Sunday, June 20, 2010

READY OR NOT THERE GOES YOUR LIFE...

Some days I feel like I'm 20 years older than what I really am... Then there are days that I feel like I'm 20 years younger...  But lately, I'm wondering where in the world did the past 20 years go? 

It was just 20 years ago that I was taking care of my infant child who had weak lungs and would stop breathing on me whenever she spit up.  Forcing me to take infant CPR for the day I just knew I was going to need to use it on her...  20 years ago I was dressing her up in all these cute and adorable little frilly, girly baby clothing... 20 years ago she only had eyes for me... 

Now...  Now...  Well, now I'm planning her wedding and reception...  I ask again -- Where in the world did the past 20 years go?  I can still see this little infant that I held so lovingly and tenderly in my arms.  I can still smell the baby powder I put on her little tummy after her bath...  I can still smell her hair as she snuggled my neck and fell asleep...  I can still feel the little soft warm wisps of air against my neck as she breathed out...  I can still hear the little sounds of contentment she would make as she feel asleep...  And I can still feel her sweet little soft body as I held her close to me... 

Where has the past 20 years gone...?  When did she become a young woman...?  How did this happen?  Why didn't someone tell me 19 1/2 years ago to put the brakes on and slow time down...  I miss my little baby...  I'm not ready for this young woman of mine to leave me behind with my memories as she begins her own memories...

1 comment:

MA said...

they grow up too fast! but tiffany is a beautiful young woman! and wow, congratulations on the wedding. when is it? we would love to come up for it. miss you guys!