Sunday, April 10, 2011

Update on "Catching Up"

Those are all posts from our Family Newsletter.  I've been very neglectful of blogging lately between posting on the Family Newsletter and Facebook - of which you already know how I'm feeling about.

Something that I'd like to clear up a bit about my Family Newsletter posts.  I mention a few times about being tired and needing some R & R or sleeping for 4 hours...  When I wrote these posts I had no idea what was going on with me, just that I was really tired.

Just a couple of weeks ago, my dear hubby came to me very concerned because when I'm not at work, I'm sleeping.  I'm off on Fridays.  That meant I was sleeping as much as I could on Fridays through Sundays.  And thinking about sleep when I was at work...

Come to find out one of the migraine medicines  I have been on for a couple of years has created a cumulative adverse side affect that can lead to coma and fatality.  Thankfully, my hubby was concerned enough about me to wake me up one day and say, "You sleep too much. Something is really wrong."  My Neurologist didn't want to talk to me about coming off the drug - he is in denial still, but my family doctor immediately ordered blood work and is working with me to wean me off this poison.

I've been reduced to 50% of the med for the past 12 days, and I feel 100% human again.  For the first Saturday in I couldn't remember how many months - I haven't required a nap!!!  You can't imagine how miraculous this is for me.  I am so thankful to my hubby for listening to the small whisperings from Heaven that most likely have saved my life.  At the very least, has saved the value of my life!  I feel alive again!  God works in wonderful ways!!  I am so thankful to Him!!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Tonya, I've just been catching up on your blog! My daughter finally listed some of the other blogs on my site so I can keep up easier. I am so glad you are on top of this situation! In my opinion, after 30 years of being a nurse, we do not respect side effects from medications nearly enough and should be more cautious. Some are necessary and life saving, but the side effects can be scary!


I really enjoy your blog! Hope you don't leave Facebook. I look at it as if you ran into that same person in the store, they might blurt out something in response to something you said to them in the store. I had that happen to me recently. Really hurt my feelings and then annoyed me greatly! Now I'm in the just forget it and move on stage! Vicky (If this comment has a weird posting name, it's my son's fault. I never know how to get his off and mine on!

Tonya said...

Thank you, Vicky, for the encouragement! You are a sweetheart!