Tuesday, June 7, 2011

If I could change 5 things about my body...

  1. I would change my vision - I cannot see without glasses, I'm trying contacts and they can't seem to get the Rx right.  I would just love to be able to see EVERYTHING clearly! I've been wearing bifocals since I was 37 -- too young.  Doncha think so?
  2. I would change my taste buds - I do not eat very many veggies; especially green ones.  I look at salads and they are so colorful and so pretty - but I cannot tolerate them in my mouth.  I can taste the tiniest shred of lettuce in a taco with the first bite.  It's horrible! So instead, I'd rather have ice cream, cake, cookies,...  Everything that likes to stick around with me - on my hips, tummy, rear-end. And even my upper arms these days!  YUCK!
  3. I would change my sinuses - I have acute year-round allergies.  I'm always fighting the drips. I live on allergy meds, since my teens.  Some of the steriod nasal sprays I've used over the decades have caused a crippling bone disease - that I've been blessed that the progression has been oddly slow. {A blessing has promised me that it will always be so, if I live the gospel.}
  4. I would change my metabolism - Remember change #2?  Well, I also have the world's sleepiest metabolic system, I think.  Add prescriptions and that makes it even more sleepier, and well, those cookies just love my hips even more... Again, I refer to change #2, how it would help with this, change #4...
  5. I would change the subtraction of missing body parts - I've had to have my apendics and gall bladder removed. My tonsils have left on their own over the many years of strep throat. And I am missing an ovary from years of scarring {female problems, ya know.}  If I could have lived all my life without them from the start, why suffer the pain and illness that has lead to the ugly, life-long scars, the illnesses that made parts leave on their own...  I'm just saying...

No comments: