Friday, February 17, 2012

I'm so HIP!

Ok. Not really. But I do have an improved hip. Guess that doesn't make me "hip" though does it.

On Valentine's Day I under went a hip repair on my left hip arthroscopicly. Minimal invasion. I had a labrum tear with impingement. (My hip had developed a boney tip like a bone spur that was damaging my labrum cartilage, causing pain when walking or any other hip movement.)

Now that boney protrusion has been sawed off & the labrum repaired. Now I have to use crutches for a month & 3 months of physical therapy. I'll be better than ever when I get done. I hope. :-)

Thank you CMRC & TOC for wonderful medical care. Especially Dr. Jackson & my recovery nurse Monique.

1 comment:

The Mommy Mambo said...

Oh man! I hope you are doing better these days. What a Valentine's Day :(