Monday, July 9, 2012

Working Out -- Part III

I'm still working out! It's amazing! I've never lasted this long in the past. Forgive me, but I am proud of myself. It's not been easy. Many times I've wanted to say, "I QUIT!", but here I am, 9 pounds lighter - and much stronger! I actually feel muscles in my tummy and in my upper arms! It's so awesome!

What's been easy:

  • staying under 2000 calories a day
  • cardio - treadmill & elliptical are good
  • accomplishing something i couldn't do when i first started
  • feeling abs under the layer of blubber for the first time ever
  • keeping up with Hubby when clearing a fallen tree - even "out working" him :-)
  • the pride my hubby & kids have for me for sticking to it
  • going to the gym with Hubby & The Brat
  • having my trainer tell me they talk about my dedication

What's been not-so-easy:
  • staying under 2000 calories when eating out - restaurant food is soo fattening :-(
  • the workouts! they are killers! planks - squats - wall seats... (Ugh!)
  • being pushed further and harder each time
  • sweating - i detest sweating! it's not been fun riding home all sticky
As you can see, the good out weighs the not so good! Yeah!

I hope in another month, I'm another 7-9 pounds lighter!

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. - Zig Ziegler

1 comment:

Vicky said...

How are you doing now? I am just getting back into blogging. I am also trying to get fit again. I actually don't mind sweating (which I do profusely...always have!) but I exercise at home and can get to a shower immediately!